I thought that we live in a MODERN AGE… Our problems and challenges should therefore be unique!
Nothing anybody said 100 years ago should have relevance to our lives today….
Haaaaahaaaaa – EPIC Fail
Edward Everett Hale (April 3, 1822 – June 10, 1909)
- Look up and not down; look forward and not back; look out and not in; and lend a hand.
- I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
- If you have accomplished all that you have planned for yourself, you have not planned enough.
- Make it your habit not to be critical about small things.
- Never bear more than one kind of trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds of trouble – the ones they’ve had, the ones they have, and the ones they expect to have.
- The making of friends who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man’s success in life.
William Shakespeare (baptised 26 April 1564; died 23 April 1616)
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. – (All’s Well That Ends Well)
- Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them. – (Twelfth Night)
- This above all: to thine own self be true. And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.” – (Hamlet)
- Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, It seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, Will come when it will come. – (Julius Caesar)
- There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. – (Hamlet)
- The earth has music for those who listen.
- Apply yourself both now and in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land be good, You cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation.
- Courage is knowing what not to fear.
- All the gold which is under or upon the earth is not enough to give in exchange for virtue.
- For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories.
- Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.
- Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.
- All men’s souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine.
- An honest man is always a child.
- Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.
- Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
- He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
- The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
So these pretty well known guys all preach the stuff our parents did, our grandparents did, probably their parents (hope so). Here are echoes of things I heard from teachers, lecturers, leaders, and mentors.
It is all one message
Be the best version of you that you can be…
Nothing else, all things will follow if you sincerely adhere to this one rule.
So get up, stretch and when you sit down – do what you have to do to adhere to this one rule; every minute of every day for the rest of your life – simple.
(BTW – I have some of the brightest minds that has ever walked on this planet agreeing with me on this one)
Please leave comments, say your piece and get your friends to have a look – It’s free….
Have a Happy Day.
- What MUST I do right NOW? (antonvandenberg.wordpress.com)